No one can deny that San Sebastián is one of the fanciest towns in Spain. Located in the Eastern shore of the Cantábrico, the royalty chose this city as this second residence for its water’s benefits in the XIX century.
It majestic architecture is similar to some French cities such as Paris or Bordeaux, with the boulevards and the piers and beaches. Not only La Concha is its highlight but also San Sebastián is full of cool options to visit! Donosti, as locals call it, is a wonderful discovery.
Food and cuisine are two main pillars to understand the Basque Country way-of-life. One of the most important issues is the The Basque Culinary Center for studying how cooking and restaurants are so important for the region. Locals usually meet around a table or in gastronomic spaces.
Here you find powerful five reasons to discover the city:
- El Gross: This district has become in the trendiest one in San Sebastian thanks to the entrepreneurs and surfers, who has taken the area. If you want to feel like a local, do not hesitate in walking around its streets and restaurants to feel the real core of the city
- A sunset at Monte Igueldo: If you are looking for an unforgettable experience, don’t miss out. Pour in a glass of wine and enjoy the sunset in the top of the hill! The views do not disappoint you!
- El casco viejo: The liveliest district in town! Once you cross its narrow streets, full of life, you’ll realize about how local people enjoy at their finest. Tons of pintxos are waiting for you while you pour in a glass of txacolí. Residents and travelers make a toast for a wonderful time in the city. Do no hesitate in enter in any bar and ask for the today’s special!
- El peine del viento: Eduardo Chillida is one of the most representative sculptors in Spain and overseas and his house and workplace is located just a few kilometers away from San Sebastián and it’s visitable. At the end of Ondarreta seafront you’ll find the piece number 15, the one that coexists with the sea constantly. A show that you cannot miss it!
- La playa de la Concha: listed as one of the most beautiful in the world, its white fence is so popular. You’ll recognize in a glance. Sit down to a terrace, grab something to nibble and let the views do the rest!
We have no doubt that San Sebastián is one of the cities that one must include in your next trip to Spain.