How do I insert Spanish symbols in Word?
For more info, see Insert a symbol in Word.
Keyboard shortcuts to add language accent marks in Word.
|To insert this||Press|
|á, é, í, ó, ú, ý Á, É, Í, Ó, Ú, Ý||CTRL+’ (APOSTROPHE), the letter|
|â, ê, î, ô, û Â, Ê, Î, Ô, Û||CTRL+SHIFT+^ (CARET), the letter|
How do I get Spanish characters on my keyboard?
You can reference the following codes to specify the letters you would like to input:
- á = Alt + 0225.
- Á = Alt + 0193.
- é = Alt + 0233.
- É = Alt + 0201.
- í = Alt + 0237.
- Í = Alt + 0205.
- ó = Alt + 0243.
- Ó = Alt + 0211.
How do I type Spanish characters on Windows 10?
To change your keyboard settings on Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Click on the Windows icon on the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Click on “Time & language”.
- Click on “Region and language”.
- Choose Spanish.
- Click on “Options”.
- Click on “Add a keyboard”.
- Select a Spanish keyboard.
How do you type Spanish accents on a laptop?
- Hold down your Shift key and press the NumLock key (usually located in the top right corner of the keyboard). …
- Add the accent by holding down the Alt and Fn (function) keys and then use the secondary numeric keypad to type the numeric sequence code (Alt-code).
What is the INTL keyboard?
The US International keyboard layout is a feature of Windows that allows for easier input of accents for French, Spanish, German, etc. It is highly recommended for those who do not want to use the ALT number combinations for these characters and should work in most programs that run on Windows.
How do I type an accent over a letter?
Insert Accented Letters with Keyboard Shortcuts
You’ll use the Ctrl or Shift key along with the accent key on your keyboard, followed by a quick press of the letter. For example, to get the á character, you’d press Ctrl+’ (apostrophe), release those keys, and then quickly press the A key.
How do you type special characters?
To type special characters in Windows, hold the Alt key, type the number code associated with the special character you want using the numpad that’s located on the right side of your keyboard. The row of numbers above your letter keys won’t work.