What are the 10 question words?
10 Question Words, Meaning and Example Sentences
|Question Words||Meaning||Example Sentences|
|WHO||Person||Who’s that? That’s George.|
|WHERE||Place||Where do you live? In Texas.|
|WHY||Reason||Why will I have to clean up? There are guests.|
|WHEN||Time||When do you wake up everyday?|
What are the Spanish question words?
Spanish question words list
- ¿Qué? / ¿Cuál? = What? …
- ¿Quién? / ¿Quiénes? / ¿De quién? / ¿De quiénes? = Who? …
- ¿Cuándo? = When? …
- ¿Cuál? / ¿Cuáles? = Which? / Which ones? …
- ¿Cuánto/a? / ¿Cuántos/as? = How much? / How many? (Both for feminine and male nouns). …
- ¿Cómo? = How? …
- ¿Dónde? = Where? …
- ¿Por qué? / ¿Para qué? = Why?
What are the 7 question words?
There are seven question words in English: who, what, where, when, why, which, and how. Question words are a basic part of English and important to know. Plus (also), it is easy to see what a question word is because it is always at the beginning of a sentence.
What are the 9 question words?
The main question words are:
- What (for a thing, when there are many things)
- Which (for a thing, when there aren’t many things)
- Who (for a person)
- Where (for a place)
- Why (for a reason)
- When (for a time)
- How (for a method)
- Whose (to ask about possession)
What are the 5 question words?
What are the 5 Ws?
- Who is it about?
- What happened?
- When did it take place?
- Where did it take place?
- Why did it happen?
What are question words examples?
WH Question Words
|question word||function||example sentence|
|when||asking about time||When did he leave?|
|where||asking in or at what place or position||Where do they live?|
|which||asking about choice||Which colour do you want?|
|who||asking what or which person or people (subject)||Who opened the door?|
What are the 11 Spanish question words?
Spanish question words
- ¿Quién? Who? ( one person) …
- ¿Quiénes? Who? ( more than one person) …
- ¿Qué? What? ¿Qué quiere [él]? …
- ¿Dónde? Where? ¿Dónde está el teatro? …
- ¿Cuándo? When? ¿Cuándo es la fiesta? …
- ¿Cuál? Which? ¿Cuál quieres [tú]? …
- ¿Por qué? Why? ¿Por qué están [ellos] aquí? …
- ¿Cómo? How? ¿Cómo sabes [tú] mi nombre?
What are some basic Spanish words?
Basic Spanish Words
- Hola = Hello.
- Adiós = Goodbye.
- Por favor = Please.
- Gracias = Thank you.
- Lo siento = Sorry.
- Salud = Bless you (after someone sneezes)
- Sí = Yes.
- No = No.
What are the two types of questions in Spanish?
Asking questions in Spanish is pretty straightforward. There are two main kinds of questions: closed questions and open questions.
How many types of question words are there?
In English, there are four types of questions: general or yes/no questions, special questions using wh-words, choice questions, and disjunctive or tag/tail questions. Each of these different types of questions is used commonly in English, and to give the correct answer to each you’ll need to be able to be prepared.
Why do 5 year olds ask questions?
Fun Questions for Older Kids
- What do you like daydreaming about?
- Tell me something about you that you think I might not know.
- What have your friends been up to?
- What’s a memory that makes you happy?
- What do you look forward to when you wake up?
- You’re at the beach. …
- What makes you feel brave?
- What makes you feel loved?
Which question word can you use to ask about an event in Spanish?
‘ questions in Spanish, you can use ¿quién?. And, similar to the previous question word ¿cuánto?, you also need to match ¿quién? with the number of the noun.
How do you answer WH questions?
We usually form wh-questions with wh- + an auxiliary verb (be, do or have) + subject + main verb or with wh- + a modal verb + subject + main verb: Be: When are you leaving? Who’s been paying the bills? Do: Where do they live?
What are examples of having questions?
If we use “have” as a main verb in a sentence, we use “do” as an auxiliary verb to make negative and question sentences.
|Had they been married?||Yes./ Yes, they had. / Yes, they had been married.|
|Has he stayed with us?||No. / No, he hasn’t. / No, he hasn’t stayed with us.|
What WH words?
In English grammar, a “wh- word” is one of the function words used to begin a wh- question: what, who, whom, whose, which, when, where, why, and how. Wh- words can appear in both direct questions and indirect questions, and they are used to begin wh-clauses.