What are the 6 forms of Ser in Spanish?
Presente – Present Tense
- yo soy – I am.
- tú eres – you are.
- vos sos – you (South American) are.
- él/ella/usted es – he/she/you (formal) are.
- nosotros/as somos – we are.
- vosotros/as sois – you (plural) are.
- ustedes son – you (plural) are.
- ellos/as son – they are.
What are 10 sentences using Ser?
Read and listen to these sentences with ser:
- Yo soy rubia. I am blonde.
- Tú eres médico. You are a doctor.
- Él es alto. He is tall.
- Nosotros somos hermanos. We are brothers.
- Mis hermanos son irlandeses.My brothers are Irish.
- Laura y Sarah son francesas. Laura and Sarah are French.
- Ustedes son enfermeros. You are nurses.
What are the 5 forms of Ser?
Terms in this set (5)
- Yo. soy. I am.
- Tú eres. You are (own age group)
- El/Ella/Ud. es. He/She/It is.
- Ellos/Ellas/Uds. son. They are.
- Nosotros. somos. We are.
How do you use Ser in a sentence in Spanish?
If you wish to tell what your name is, you must use the verb ser. Here is an example of this use: Yo soy Patricia y ella es Carol. (I am Patricia and she is Carol.)
Names and Relationships
- John es mi jefe. (John is my boss.)
- Nosotros somos hermanos. (We are brothers.)
- Lauren es mi suegra. (Lauren is my mother-in-law.)
How do you use ser?
SER is used primarily in situations to imply permanence, equivalence, characteristics, origin, nature, identity and possession (“My apple IS bigger than his”, “Quito IS in Ecuador”, “Ice IS cold”, “He IS French”, “This car IS mine”. SER is an irregular verb.
How do you use ser conjugation?
Ser is regular in the future tense, so you can apply the regular verb endings here.
The future tense of ser.
|usted será||You (formal) will be|
|nosotros seremos||We will be|
|vosotros seréis||You all (informal) will be|
|ellos/ellas serán||They will be|
What is SER used for?
Ser is used in a simple way, to talk about WHAT something is (permanent state). To describe characteristics that are an essential part of the thing we’re talking about. Estar is used to talk about HOW something is, so we use it for conditions, locations, emotions, and actions (temporary states).
How do you describe yourself in Spanish using SER?
Ser is used for all permanent/long-term and personal descriptions. You can use ser to answer the question How would you describe ____? In other words, ser is used with the essential qualities that define a person or thing and that are not likely to change in the near future.
What is the meaning of ser?
Ser means ‘to be’ and is used to identify people and things, origin, possession, and time. We’ll also discuss verb types and verb conjugations.